Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Updating Outdated Kitchen Counter

Before
                                         
After

  This is how you can change your old, outdated countertops without spending a fortune.  And all you need is 3-5 colors of paint, paper towels, and paint brushes.
  I really didn't like our fake butcher block counter tops, and I read several places that you could paint them. While John was at work one day, I took a stab at painting them with some random paint in the garage...We have a lot of leftovers. I was pleased to see how well it covered.
Now I am obsessed and want to do the whole thing for sure. :)
  I ended up buying some counter paint by Rustoleum at Lowes to put down first. I figured it had a much more durable surface to work with than whatever I was finding in the garage.
  Once the solid color was dry, I started dabbing. Using a paper towel. Yep. that's right...Crumple the paper towel, dip in the paint lightly and go to town stamping the counter. After about 5 different colors and several layers here are the before and afters.

No comments:

Post a Comment